R/C Helicopter model update

I finally am near the end of the modeling for this project.  I have gone as far as originally planned on the modeling end.  This is modeled with Shapr3D on an iPad Pro.  Screws and threads come from Fusion 360 as does all renderings.

I may model some blades, both main and tail.  I am trying to figure out how to model the canopy.  I may end up modeling the engine and exhaust pipe if anxious enough, or if there are enough requests to do so.

You can follow the project from start till finish here on the Shapr3D Forums.

The next phase is to Learn how to animate it in Fusion 360.

hexabot update

As you may be aware I modeled a hexabot robot using Shapr3D sometime ago.  I had moved to Fusion 360 as I wanted to be able to render as well as add nuts, bolts and eventually animations.

I have imported the hexabot into Fusion 360 and put some finishing touches on it.  I fixed a few hole locations and added screws, nuts and rendered it over the last  couple days.  here are a couple images of the results.

This is available for download on Thingiverse:  Hexabot STL Files

 

iPad Pro (Generation 3) and Apple Pencil (Generation 2)

So, it has been a while since I posted here  as I have been busy working on my Mustang and Harley.  During the summer months I prefer to be outside with the car or the bike.

Apple has just released the iPad Pro (3rd Gen) and Apple Pencil (2nd Gen).  I have ordered both as I wish to give Shapr3D another try now that the new version has had several bug fixes and upgrades.  I have been following their YouTube Channel and forums to see how the product is developing and read user feedback.  It seems to have improved since I last used it.

It just wasn’t headed where I needed it for my projects.  But now I have a reasonable amount of time invested in Fusion 360 I can see where some of the Shapr3D features make sense now.

In the coming days/months I hope to be more active and start sharing more creations.

Custom InMoov PDB

In my quest to keep wiring neat (which it is not at this time), I wanted to create a board that would help minimize the amount of wiring needed.

So I create a Power Distribution board that will take all servo inputs from 2 EZ-B v4/2’s and then isolate and output the signal wire to the EZ-B’s.  The power will be handled by the PDB.

The PDB will also have two LED’s allowing me to see that the PDB is receiving power to each side.  There will also be a 4 pin header that is for Ground so that the servos are running from the same ground, 2 Pins can be routed to each EZ-B.

Eventually the goal will be to make one Main Board to handle the entire robot.  But for now I am doing it in small phases until I have everything the way that I want it to be.

InMoov Audio Outputs

So I switched from Arduino (Never Started, just planned) to using EZ-B v4/2’s for my InMoov project.  During my search to get better sound I found out that you can Solder some wires before the AMP on the EZ-B’s and then send the sound to an AMP of your choosing.

So I purchased an AMP that can take 2 inputs and output them into a pair of speakers which I have mounted in the head of my InMoov.  So I made a Y to allow the 2 outputs from the EZ-B’s to the Input on the AMP.  However this created more wiring, and I am trying to create less if possible.

So I designed a small board that essentially simulates the Y I made but in a much smaller space and makes for a cleaner install.

Here is a picture of the board as well as it wired to my InMoov.

Maker:0x4c,Date:2017-9-30,Ver:4,Lens:Kan03,Act:Lar01,E-Y

InMoov Update – Neck Tilt Demo

So I haven’t had many updates here on my InMoov Robot build as the build is mostly complete, I still have the hands to complete and some misc. small things to do.

I wanted to get started on the electronics as seeing it move and talk is very motivating.  Today I spent the time to get one should partially wired and the servos controlling the ability to tilt the neck.

Here is a short 1 minute 10 second video giving a short demo on the neck tilting as well as some speech.  Since I had the shoulder partially wired, I also added some movement there to show its range of motion.

R/C Helicopter Design Update

As you may be aware I have been attempting to model an R/C Helicopter loosely based on the Outrage Velocity 50 Model.  I started this project using Shaper3D on an iPad Pro.  However, I scrapped that version as I sold off my iPad Pro.

I build a custom desktop with the intent on modeling often.  I chose Fusion 360 as the software.  Below are some renderings of the work I have been doing on the R/C Helicopter.  Most of this work has been over the last few nights after work.

InMoov – Assembly Progress

Over the past 1-2 weeks my focus has been on 3D Printing the arms.  I started some of the assembly on the right arm as well.  Below you can see the progress of this.  I should have the arms mostly printed by the end of 12-27-17.

 

NOTE:  I am not the creator of this robot.  The InMoov Robot was created by Gael Langevin, you can read more about it here:  http://inmoov.fr/.